Tuesday 8 December 2015

Lotta's Everyday Style.....


Yet again inspired by A closet full of posies I bought Lotta Jansdotter 'Everyday Style'. I love all things Scandinavian so thought this book might be just my kind of thing! It aims to create a wardrobe for every season from five basic sewing patterns. I knew nothing about Lotta prior to getting the book and oddly was a little disappointed when I read that she was a fabric designer (albeit an amazing one!)and not a sewist - Alexia Abegg from Green Bee patterns had designed the patterns. Any disappointment soon disappeared - the book is beautiful and I really enjoyed the journey that it takes you on through the seasons.  I especially loved that Lotta uses real people in her life of all ages and sizes to model the garments. Although there are only five basic patterns there are several adaptions per pattern creating seemingly endless possibilities! As well as the garments there are also patterns for several bags and tutorials for accessories.



I'm afraid that my photo's of the book did not turn out so well - but you get the idea!



  The patterns are simple with only minimal shaping (if any at all) so if you are looking for something with complex flounces and ruffles this is not the book for you!

  You have to tract off the pattern you want from the pattern sheets included with the book but they are set out well so it's really not too difficult

  I made the Esme tunic - I really like the shape - fitted at the chest and loose over the tummy/hips. I added 2" to the length, but otherwise made the pattern as it is in the book.



 A pom pom trim scarf!



  And another Esme tunic! This one is so versatile and has been in almost constant rotation since I made it.


  I will certainly be making other items from the book (I already have some purple denim for yet another Esme!!).

  Thanks for stopping by!

         Su xx

   

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the Lotta book. I still love browsing mine even though I haven't had to sew anything from it yet. I love your Esme tunic and that pom-pom scarf! I need to do that and gotta find out where to get some pon-pom trim first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like to look at mine, I love her style and it is such a beautiful book!

      Delete
  2. Lovely tunics (the printed fabric is fab) and pretty pom-poms! I have Lotta's book and plan to make the Esme top and tunic - such a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the Esme (and all of the patterns) are very versatile! - I can't wait to make more!!

      Delete
  3. It's on my Christmas list! The Esme is fabulous and it looked even better in real life. Loving the pom-poms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope santa brings it to you - have you been good.......?

      Delete
    2. I hope santa brings it to you - have you been good.......?

      Delete
  4. You may get two identical comments! Love the Esme even better in real life. And now I need a pom pom scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may get two identical comments! Love the Esme even better in real life. And now I need a pom pom scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have found your pattern and style there. Jo x

    ReplyDelete