Tuesday 5 April 2016

Finally a Colette Moneta...

 Hello everyone!! It has been a while since I last posted. I have been sewing lots but have been very busy at work and just hadn't felt like blogging - until now! We are in the second week of the Easter holidays and I guess I finally feel relaxed - prepare yourselves for a blogging bombardment!!

  When I first started my sewing journey one of the first proper patterns I bought was the Moneta by colette patterns there are lots and lots of wonderful moneta's out there as it is not a new pattern. On my first trip to a fabric shop I bought 3m of a turquoise blue jersey. My inexperience meant that I bought some kind of clingy, shiny stuff and although I got as far as cutting out the pattern I soon realized that the fabric was horrible and it lay as my only UFO for over a year.

  This spring I decided that I finally needed to make this one up! I bought new fabric and also had to purchase the PDF pattern as I had changed sizes. Construction was straight forward, the only issue I had was with the clear elastic - I think this was because I used the same clear elastic that I had originally bought when I first bought the pattern. When I stretched it to gather the skirt a proportion of it didn't return to its original state meaning that I had to do some gathering in combination with the elastic.

  I'm pretty pleased with the result, if I was making it again I would shorten the bodice as where the waistline sits is a little unflattering on me. I wear this with a belt but chose not to wear it for the photos so you could see it without.


I think it will be a great spring and early summer dress


At the moment I am mostly wearing it with a cardi and scarf.

  Thanks for stopping by!

         Su xx

7 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've been seeing a lot of Monetas lately and this pattern is on my mind. I will have to crack this one soon but first, I need to buy some fabric! Enjoy wearing yours and making your next, Su!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fab. Looks really good, wear this with pride Su it's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress. I have blue and white spotty fabric to cut, such a classy fabric I think. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What will you make with your spotty fabric??

      Delete
    2. What will you make with your spotty fabric??

      Delete
  4. Thank you! - I can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete