Sunday 10 April 2016

Another Esme (Lotta Jansdotter's 'Everyday style' book)



I wouldn't normally blog about this as I have made several already but I just love it so much I had to share it with you!!

  It is another Esme tunic (lengthened to a dress) from Lotta Jansdotter's 'Everyday Style' book It is made in a wonderful purple stretch denim that I picked up at the first sew bee's meet up at Ditto Fabric's in Brighton (also online) They don't have it in anymore but have lots of other great fabrics! The stretch in the denim makes it soooooooooo comfie and purple + mustard yellow is one of my favorite colour combinations! I am also planning several more makes from this book for summer.

  Not much more to say about it only that I love it and have been wearing at every possible opportunity!



  This is fast becoming a TNT (tried and true) pattern for me, do you have a favorite pattern that you have made again and again?

   Thanks for stopping by!

          Su xx

7 comments:

  1. The Esme is a fab dress, and the purple stretch denim is great. Will you make the Owyn pants? I need to make the Esme top/dress. My TNT pattern is the Coco by Tilly but Marilla's dungarees pattern will probably take over in a few months time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am planning a black linen pair of Owyn's for summer! I love my Esme's it is a great pattern. I have made a couple of Coco's and am desperate to make the Robert's collection dungarees - its the piecing together of the 60 pdf pages that is putting me off - I may have to buy the paper pattern!

      Delete
  2. Yey, looks awesome. Love the topstitching on the yoke and hem. Did you use special thread to make it stand out? Must get around to buying this book as all your Esme's have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey, looks awesome. Love the topstitching on the yoke and hem. Did you use special thread to make it stand out? Must get around to buying this book as all your Esme's have been great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just used normal thread but used a longer stitch length.

      Delete
  4. It's great to find a TNT pattern. This looks great on you.

    For me, I would say the Grainline Hemlock and Scout tee are definite TNT's. But they aren't the only ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh yes I like the Hemlocks and Scouts that you have made!

      Delete