There are two versions of the pattern the long one above with the knee split and a shorter version. I knew that I would want to make the shorter version too and this will be great for spring (and winter!). I chose this mustard needlecord I had in my stash which I think was from My Fabrics. Now you would think that as I had made it before and given that the previous make was such a success that this one would have been a breeze - this was not to be. It all started off well and I used a lovely contrasting cotton lawn for the insides which I love.
I was determined to unpick it and move it to the correct position however I chicken'ed out at the last minute too worried that it would lead to an awful pocket outline right in the middle of the dress - had it been one of the back pockets or even the pockets lower down on the dress it would have been ok - but I decided I couldn't risk it with the center front pocket.
The back is lovely too:
I am going to try to blog a bit more often and have decided to write down my plans using the free template from Sew DIY here are some of my plans for February:
I am hoping to take part in the Moneta party at the end of February, it is an instagram based concept where everyone makes a Moneta and post's a photo of their dress in the hope of winning some great prizes. I have completed my (very) wearable toile with adjustments and am just waiting for my fabric to arrive so that I can start on the 'real thing' (I am keeping my fingers crossed that things don't go the way my Cleo's went!). I also want to try and find time to make the new TNB pattern Zadie
I have seen this gorgeous version by Cookin' and Craftin' that I am going to shamelessly copy!!!!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope it won't be too long before my next post........