Sunday 12 February 2017

Sew me something Julia top

   The TNTB Zadie dress was next on my sewing list but we had a bit of a sad week and I didn't feel like starting anything that looked like it might be remotely difficult.

  This week Sew me something released their Julia pocket top It looked super comfie and a bit different - so I bought it and decided that it would be this weekends project! 

  I chose a lovely pink terry fabric I bought ages and ages ago at one of the Fabric Godmother open days (there is another one coming up soon if you live on the south coast).

  I love unusual pattern pieces:


The top came together really quickly and the instructions were great.


As you can see it is an over sized boxy top, I totally love the interesting pockets I think they are a great feature.


The photo's don't really do it justice (apologies for the wrinkles - I had actually ironed it - honest!) It is so snuggly and warm - perfect for winter weather. The only thing I am concerned about is the colour - I am very likely to spill something right down the front of it!!!!


I chose to use contrasting grey thread to topstitch around the neckline and hem with my twin needle.

The details: Now I know it supposed to be an over sized top but it does come up very large. I used the 1cm seam allowance for the sleeves and then a 1 inch allowance for each side seam. 

I really want to make one in a light jersey with a scoop neck as it would be a great layering piece and  really my style - I think I will go down a size or two and will have to make the neckline a bit smaller (I have small slopey shoulders and wide necklines just fall off me!!)


Anyway that's about it for this weekend. everyone seems to be on half term next week but we have to wait until the week afterwards - I am planning to sew my Moneta and Zadie dresses around occupying the small people during half term - it's going to be busy!!


Thanks for stopping by!

      Su xx






2 comments:

  1. I looks super cosy! I bought a pattern from them and it was way to big for me and then never really tried anything again. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Jules from Sew Me Something here. Sorry to hear the pattern came up big on you. If you want to message me on our Facebook page, Instagram or Twitter, I'd be happy to chat about it. I do deliberately design our patterns with a generous ease, instead of being closely fitted. Please get in touch if you'd like. J x

      Delete