Initially I was really disappointed - it was so large that the bust darts were waist height and I had to take it in by 1.5cm at the side seams and shoulders (stupidly I didn't try it on until after I had set in the sleeves!) With all of the alterations and repeated trying on I managed to stretch out the neckline all in all a disaster - or so I thought.....
Since making it I have worn it loads!!!! I love the colour, the sleeves and especially the contrast bias binding. It is really comfortable and although I have now decided that gathers at the neckline really don't suit me I still think I will get lots of wear over the summer.
I decided to give the pattern another chance and made a version without a gather at the neckline. I chose a gorgeous Koi carp patterned linen/cotton blend that I bought ages ago from Ditto fabrics. This fabric needed a very simple pattern so I chose the non- bound sleeve option and used the same fabric as the dress for the neck line binding.
I love the result!!!!
Excuse the odd pose - I'm not quite sure what was going on!!!!
Today as it was a little cooler than at the weekend this is how I wore it:
Both ways of wearing it are very 'me' and I think this dress will be worn as often as possible!!
Thanks for stopping by!