Far too thin to use it for the contrast areas of the top as I had intended. I had spent quite a bit ordering both pieces of double gauze and really didn't want to spend any more on buying more fabric for the top. So I doubled up the grey gauze for the side contrast panels (Thanks to Hila for the suggestion!):
And used some lovely midnight blue muslin I had in my stash for the back piece.
It was a simple but interesting make, piecing it all together. I hadn't made sleeve darts before - they are a bit pointy so I am not sure what I have done wrong in their construction.
I also hadn't worked with double gauze before and did feel like it was a bit of a race against time to get the seams sewn and overlocked before they unraveled! It will be interesting to see how well it stands up to washing!
We visited a local garden and had great fun spotting the sculptures, climbing in the tree house and walking through bamboo tunnels.
I LOVE the pockets (obviously). It has a really nice hi-low hem too but I didn't manage to get a good shot of it.
Back shot on the rope bridge!
Imitating the giant star gazing hare was a must!
Abakhan fabrics have a sale on liberty prints at the moment so I ordered some tana lawn to make another M7093 top and some cord to make the tunic version - I will need to draft some pockets for this and maybe lengthen it a little but I don't think it will be too tricky..........
Thanks for stopping by!